AFFORDABLE CONNECTIVITY PROGRAM
The St. Lawrence County Broadband Committee would like to make sure you are aware of the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides eligible households $30 per month off their internet bills. ACP-eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers.
There are several metrics through which eligibility can be determined: 1.
Your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines 2.
You or someone in your household participates in one of these other programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Community Eligibility Provision schools
- Federal Pell Grant (received in the current award year)
- Certain Tribal assistance programs, including Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Head Start (only households meeting the
income qualifying standard), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), and Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations 3.
You meet the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income internet program. If you are eligible, you can sign up through your internet service provider (ISP) or at Getinternet.gov!